About our Advice service
During the Coronavirus outbreak, Community Links continues to provide many of our services by phone and email from Monday to Friday: 9.00am to 5.00pm.
For advice, enquiries or support please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on 0207 473 9681, or visit us at 105 Barking Road, London, E16 4HQ, for an appointment.
We can help with any of the following:
- Completing Benefit and Housing Registration Forms, be they online or on paper
- Expert Housing Advice from solicitors
- Accredited Debt Advice provided by qualified experts, including Assistance to Pay your Rent
- Consumer and Employment Legal Advice given by pro bono lawyers
- Social worker-led programme providing advocacy, support and guidance to Newham residents facing crisis or financial hardship
- Mental Health Crisis Prevention programme offering advice, peer support groups and wellbeing activities and 1:1 befriending to East London residents
If you are struggling to get by because of the impact COVID-19 is having on your life or need practical support to get back on your feet, our Crisis Navigators will listen to you without judgment, provide telephone advice and guidance so you don’t have to face these problems alone. Whether that’s information about a local food bank, help to pay your bills or support around your mental health, we can help link you in with the right services and support to improve your situation and wellbeing.
For non-advice related queries, contact our switchboard on 020 7473 2270
We connect people to the support they need, enable people to support each other and build capacity within the community to identify and overcome issues and prevent them from occurring again.
Our service approach is fourfold: Support, Guide, Impact & Empower.
Our purpose is to:
- Support the people who seek us out
- Guide them toward the most efficient path to alleviate the difficulties they face
- Impact their circumstances in a positive manner
- Empower them with the confidence to subsequently remedy difficult circumstances independently
Our focus is on Early Action interventions which support people at the earliest possible point, to prevent problems occurring before the issue escalates. However, we also offer long-term wraparound crisis support for those beneficiaries with the greatest need, providing support to overcome barriers they are facing and to help them take control of their lives.
There is an emphasis on building Deep Value relationships with our clients and we tailor the service approach in such a way that our service users feel understood and supported. We ensure they feel heard and acknowledged, we guide them through the process of alleviating their stress, building their confidence and inspiring self-esteem. Our advisors become someone they can trust and thus they are more likely to engage in the positive steps we support them to take.
You can read here our Service Standards.
We welcome support from anyone who would like to volunteer in our advice team, contact us for more information