Asta is located in the heart of the Silvertown community and offers an open door, welcome, safe and secure environment where people feel comfortable. Asta’s qualified and dedicated staff team offer the highest standard of service and a holistic approach to supporting local people.
From parents & babies to the elderly in a wide and innovative programme of activities. Everyone is welcome. No one is turned away without receiving support and feeling satisfied with the outcome achieved.
Last year we engaged with, supported, referred and tracked 1781 service users through a variety of groups, activities and referrals
Asta offers a range of volunteering opportunities from planning, organising and facilitating your own group or activity, to volunteering opportunities in youth work, play work, administration and music technology.
All volunteers are supported through regular professional development 1:1’s and training opportunities.
Activities currently running are:
- Youth Club: two evenings a week offering a range of fun and academic activities for young people aged 11 – 19 years.
- Music & Media: two evenings a week, a fully equipped music production studio for young people aged 11 – 19 years.
- Open Access Play: Two afternoons a week (more during school holidays) giving under 11’s the freedom to play in a safe environment and also offering fun and academic activities. For children aged 5 ½ -11 year olds.
- Community Gym: Open Monday to Friday at various times and very competitive rates.
- Open Door Advice: Free confidential advice on welfare benefits, housing, debt, help with filling in benefit forms and access to specialist advisers, once a week.