jobs work for us
We are recruiting for a dynamic Youth Project Officer to work across our youth projects. This opportunity is for someone with experience of working with young people between the ages of 12-24 years within group and 1-1 settings, supporting young people into employment, training or further education. You will be part of a Youth Services Team within an ambitious organisation, playing a vital role in enabling young people to make positive informed choices for themselves and their futures.
The kind of day-to-day tasks you will be doing could include:
- To meet individual targets and contribute to team targets in helping clients to progress
- To provide a personalised and holistic service to a caseload of young people in group and one-to-one settings to support individuals and prevent them from becoming NEET
- To effectively manage a caseload of young people; monitoring, reviewing and reporting activity and outcomes in line with organisational and project targets.
- To provide information, advice and guidance around a range of issues, such as careers, housing, employment and training, health, money and health to enable progression.
- Support young people in a variety of settings, school or employment / apprenticeships which may include meetings out of usual office hours (eg evenings and weekends)
For more information you can download the job description here. If you would like to speak to someone about this post please contact Jason Turner, Projects Manager, on 0207 473 2270 or 07872 253 936.
Jason Turner, Community Links, 105 Barking Road, London, E16 4HQ
The closing date is midnight on Wednesday 1st February 2017.
We anticipate a large number of applicants for this role and regret that we will only be able to contact applicants who have been shortlisted.
All offers of employment are subject to being able to show evidence of the right to work in the UK, satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to receiving your application.
Please apply by emailing your application to .