jobs work for us
Policy and Research Officer
We are recruiting a new Policy and Research Officer. This is an exciting development opportunity for someone with some experience of supporting policy and research work to broaden their experience and take the step and begin to develop and manage projects. You will be supported to develop a range of relevant skills, and have the opportunity to get first-hand experience of how the delivery and utilisation of high quality research can influence policy development at a strategic level. The post is split roughly equally between research and policy functions. Your work will be crucial in turning our learning into tangible policy change and ensuring we continue to have an influential national voice. Working closely with colleagues from across Community Links you will be helping to determine our policy goals and how best to achieve them. The kind of day-to-day tasks you will be doing could include:
• Talking to colleagues in the advice team to understand what kinds of debt people are falling into;
• Running focus groups with long-term unemployed people to determine the best way to help them back in to work;
• Evaluating the impact of our financial capability project with young people;
• Drafting a briefing on how to tackle overcrowded housing in Newham;
• Writing a blog on what the community centre of the future should look like;
• Meeting civil servants to discuss our recommendations for how to improve the Work Programme;
It is a demanding and challenging role that requires someone who is flexible, imaginative and dedicated to improving the lives of people in deprived communities.
Please see here for the full job description.
Interviews will be held on the week commencing 6th March, and the deadline for applications is Sunday 5th February at midnight.
To apply, please send a CV, covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4, and the Equal Opportunities monitoring form to Luke Price (.). For an informal chat about the role, please ring Luke Price on 0207 473 9661.
Please apply by emailing your application to .